TERMS OF SERVICE
Please read the following agreement (the “Terms”) carefully. These Terms explain the policies and rules related to use of our site (the “Site”). By accessing, using or downloading materials from the site or by completing the registration process and clicking “Sign Up,” or by installing and activating a sim card you are stating that you agree with UGS Pty Ltd (“us”, “we”, “our” or “UGS”) to the following Terms. “You” or “the Customer” refers to you, the user, together with any company or other business entity you are representing. We reserve the right to add to, delete or change these terms because of frequent changes in internet technology and applicable law. As such, you should check these Terms and Conditions from time to time for such changes. Please take a few minutes to review these Terms and Conditions. Your use of this website constitutes your agreement to follow these rules and to be bound by them. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, do not use this website or the sim card (SIM).
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY AND OVERALL DISCLAIMER
The information provided on this website (Site) and related communications are provided on an “as is” basis. Subject to the ‘Australian Consumer Law’ section below, United Global SIM assumes no responsibility for, and makes no representations to you or any other person with respect to the accuracy of the information on this Site. These Terms and Conditions are effective until terminated by United Global SIM.
You use this Site and the Sim at your sole risk. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of this Site and the Sim and for all of your communication and activity on this Site and the Sim. We reserve the right to deny you access to this Site and the Sim, or any part of this Site and the Sim, at any time without notice. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have engaged in prohibited activities, were not respectful of other users, or otherwise violated the Terms and Conditions, we may deny you access to this Site and the Sim on a temporary or permanent basis and any decision to do so is final. Any restrictions imposed on you and all disclaimers and limitations of liability set out in these Terms and Conditions will remain binding on you.
You may terminate your account at any point. UGS may also terminate, suspend or cancel your account or service at any time. You understand and agree that the cancellation of your account or service is also your only right and remedy with respect to any dispute with UGS. You also agree that UGS may close your account or service and prevent you from using our site for violating any of these Terms, or for any other reason, at any time, at UGS’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you.
Contacting customer support
You may contact our customer support team through online chat, calling, via email or any other communication means. You understand and agree that any advice provided from our customer support team is general advice and may not apply to you. In particular, you agree that any rates, coverage, charges, device compatibility and usage estimates given to you by any customer support agent should only be taken as general advice and as a guide. You understand that these may be different or can change at any time without notice to you.
Communication from us
At the time of requesting our products and services, we will ask you to specify if we can email or text product alerts and special offers to you that we believe may be of interest to you. We respect your right not to receive these communications and if you advise us at any time that you do not wish to receive emails or text messages we will disable that functionality for your account. Each and every one of these communications will contain a clear link to Unsubscribe if they are received in Australia. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for our mailing list to be updated and we apologise if you receive any further emails from us after unsubscribing.
Purchases, Charges and Billing
Certain features offered through our websites may be conditioned on entering into a financial transaction with us or our affiliates. We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us or cancel your order for any reason. In the event we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
By entering into any transaction, you warrant and represent that all information you provide is true and correct (including, without limitation your credit card/bank account number, card expiration date and address), that any transactions are authorised, and that you are the legal holder of any credit card or payment account used to enter into any transaction. By providing a method of payment pursuant to a transaction, you confirm that you are permitted to use that method of payment. You also authorize us to collect and store it, along with other information related to your transaction. You authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the payment source you designate for the transaction. If your payment results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee. You are responsible for and agree to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that you authorized or accepted.
In the event (a) your method of payment is not valid, (b) we determine, in our sole discretion that a transaction is unauthorized, (c) your method of payment cannot be processed at the time of any charge, or (d) any charge is disputed for any reason other than the undisputed failure by us to deliver the products purchased by you, we reserve the right to immediately terminate any pending transactions, suspend your access to the website, thereby terminating all of our obligations to you under this Agreement, and, in addition, to charge you an administrative processing fee equal to $20 AUD, per instance, which charge you hereby authorize by entering into any transaction through the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you agree that any formal payment disputes lodged with any bank, credit or payment card company shall be invalid unless you notify us within 60 days from date of the applicable transaction that you wish to dispute any charge relating thereto, and that you have made reasonable, good faith efforts to resolve such dispute with us directly, and such efforts have failed
If you are required to pay a fee for all or any part of the service for which you have chosen to register, you hereby authorize UGS to charge your credit card in advance for all applicable fees incurred by you in connection with your chosen service and your Account. The initial charge is non-refundable. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to notify UGS of any changes to your credit card or if your credit card has expired otherwise your access to the Service may be disconnected or interrupted. All fees shall be paid in your selected currency.
All charges will show on your credit card statement as United Global SIM.
Currency rates are based on various publicly available sources and should be used as guidelines only. Rates are not verified as accurate, and actual rates may vary. Currency quotes may not be updated on a daily basis. The information supplied by this application is believed to be accurate, but UGS does not warrant or guarantee such accuracy.
TRADE MARKS AND COPYRIGHT
This Site contains both registered trademarks and trademarks which may be the subject of pending applications or which otherwise are protected at law. Unless otherwise indicated, the trademarks are owned by United Global SIM and may have protection under the laws of other countries. You are not permitted to use United Global SIM’s trademarks without United Global SIM’s prior written consent.
The material on this Site is the copyright of United Global SIM and is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and other countries. You may (a) save an electronic copy, or print out a copy, of any part of this site for your own information and research; or (b) reproduce and communicate to the public any part of this site in connection with non-commercial use of social media websites, provided that in each case you do not modify the reproduction and you include the copyright. You must not otherwise reproduce, publish, perform in public, communicate to the public or make an adaptation of the Content, except as expressly permitted by statute or with United Global SIM’s prior written consent.
Third Party Content
For your convenience, products, services, content and information from third party providers and/or links to their Web sites (“Third Party Content”) may be provided by us. Such Third Party Content is not under the control of UGS and UGS is not responsible for such content, including, without limitation, any link contained in such content, or any changes or updates to such content.
UGS is not and will not be responsible for
- the terms and conditions of any transaction between you and any third party,
- any insufficiency of or problems with any such third party’s background, insurance, credit or licensing, or
- the quality of services performed by any such third party or any other legal liability arising out of or related to the performance of such services. In the event that you have a dispute with any such third party, you release UGS (and its affiliates, suppliers, agents and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
This Site may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than UGS. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. The inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Subject to the ‘Australian Consumer Law’ section below, United Global SIM disclaims liability for all warranties or representations express or implied, in relation to products or services, or both, referred to in this Site and the Sim, or offered for sale on this Site by any Third Party. In particular, subject to the ‘Australian Consumer Law’ section below, United Global SIM shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for the loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if United Global SIM has been advised of such damages or the likelihood of such damages), resulting from use of the Site, content or related services.
Product information in relation to products referred to in this Site and the Sim has been provided by the respective manufacturers or suppliers of the relevant products. Product information and illustrations is published with the permission of the relevant manufacturer and/or owner of that product.
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
If the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other legislation states that there is a guarantee in relation to any good or service supplied by United Global SIM in connection with these Terms and Conditions and United Global SIM’s liability for failing to comply with that guarantee cannot be excluded but may be limited, then the ‘Exclusion of Liability and Overall Disclaimer’ and ‘Limitation of Liability’ sections above do not apply to that liability and instead United Global SIM’s liability for such failure is limited to (at the election of United Global SIM), in the case of a supply of goods, United Global SIM replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods or repairing the goods, or in the case of a supply of services, United Global SIM supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
Except as contemplated by the ‘Australian Consumer Law’ section of these Terms and Conditions, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other rights you may have and which by law cannot be excluded.
Indemnification by Customer
You will defend, indemnify and hold UGS harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and expenses) associated with any claim or action brought against UGS that arises directly or indirectly from you or your end-users,, contrary to the provisions of this Agreement, including claims based on representations, warranties, or misrepresentations made by you, provided that UGS promptly notifies you in writing of the claim and allows you to control and fully cooperate with you in the defence and all related settlement negotiations. You shall be relieved of its indemnification obligations under this Agreement to the extent it is actually prejudiced by UGS failure to provide such notice or cooperation. You shall have no liability for any settlement or compromise made without its prior written consent, although such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.
This Site (excluding any Third Party Sites) and the Sim is controlled by United Global SIM. By accessing this site, you accept that any disputes about this site or the Content are to be determined by the courts having jurisdiction in New South Wales in accordance with the laws in force in New South Wales (subject to the application of any principle of conflict of laws inconsistent with this requirement).
This Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. United Global SIM makes no representation that the content of this Site and the Sim complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this Site and the Sim from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
United Global SIM does not guarantee that your use of this Site and the Sim will be confidential. United Global SIM is not responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect of your use of this Site and the Sim. Any information that you disclose on this Site by use of the Sim:
– may be used by United Global SIM, its agents and contractors in relation to the provision of Services accessible on this Site and the Sim, including the marketing of those services; and
– may not be secure during its transmission over the internet.
Third parties may be able to intercept transmissions which make when using this Site and the Sim.
Some services which you may access on this Site and the Sim allow you to receive content personal to you. If you use such a service, information permitting us to identify your handset call number will be transmitted over the internet. This will occur even if you have disabled the “Caller Number Display” on your handset.
UGS reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You should periodically review these Terms for changes. Your continued use of the site and the services following the posting of any changes confirms your agreement with such changes. You agree that UGS shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies
Whilst we make every effort to present accurate information on this website, there may be typographical errors or inaccuracies, and some information may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to change or update information, including product and service descriptions, pricing and availability, at any time without prior notice (including after you have requested any of our products or services).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and please feel very welcome to contact Customer Services if there is ever an issue you would like to discuss.
Proprietary Rights to Content
You agree that Content presented through our site by UGS, its advertisers, or others, including all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio files, software, data compilations and other intellectual property, is owned by UGS or its licensees and is protected by copyright, trade-mark, service mark, patent, or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to otherwise copy, change, upload, transmit, sell or distribute any content available through UGS’s site and the Sim, including code and software, except standard page caching which occurs in the normal course of browsing. By way of example, you agree not to use any trade names or trademarks displayed on any other web site you operate such as in the meta-data of such web site. Except as expressly authorized by UGS or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the software, in whole or in part. You also agree not to record or otherwise make a copy of audio content on the site and the Sim unless you have the permission of all parties to the conversation to do so.
You may have an account and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information and are fully responsible for all conduct carried out under this password and account.
United Global SIM is not liable for any loss of confidentiality or for any damages arising from your failure to comply with these security measures.
You must promptly report to United Global SIM any unauthorised use of your password.
- You acknowledge that your dealings with United Global SIM will always be over the Internet. Although United Global SIM will endeavour to maintain the security of information, it cannot guarantee that information you receive or supply in your use of the service or your dealings with United Global SIM will be secure at all times.
- You may be able to make purchases of products and services from third parties via the Site or United Global SIM. Where these products or services are provided by United Global SIM’s service providers (Providers), you acknowledge that you are purchasing those goods and services under the terms and conditions set by those Providers. In particular, United Global SIM accepts no responsibility for the security or protection of any credit card details you may provide to a Provider when purchasing their products and services, and is not liable to you for any loss or damage you may suffer due to unauthorised use of your credit card details.
- If you are under the age of 18 years, you should obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian prior to purchasing any products or services from or via this Site. Information about supervising and controlling children’s access to Internet content as well as general information about the Internet industry regulatory regime can be found at http://www.iia.net.au/index.php/initiatives/guide-for-users.html
- You agree that you will not use any United Global SIM product or any service provided through or via this Site or by a Provider in a manner that is illegal, fraudulent or anti-social, as deemed by United Global SIM. You agree that you will not use United Global SIM’s products or services to send messages that are abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or generally in “bad taste”.
- You hereby indemnify and hold United Global SIM, its officers, agents, content providers, other partners and employees, harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of this Site, your breach of these terms and conditions or your violation of any rights of a Provider.
- United Global SIM, its officers, agents, content providers, other partners and employees, will not be liable to you or any party for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special loss or other cost arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or any products or services supplied to you via this Site or by a Provider.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall ugs and/or its suppliers be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of use, data or profits (however arising, including negligence) even if ugs or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages, arising out of or in connection with
– The use or inability to use the service,
– The provision of or failure to provide services,
– For any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the service or otherwise arising out of the use of the service,
– Statements or conduct of any third party on the service, or
– Any other matter relating to the service.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you. In no event shall UGS’ aggregate liability to you and/or any third party arising from or relating to this agreement exceed the amount you actually pay to UGS under this agreement during the twelve (12) months preceding the date the claim arose or $500.00, whichever is less. Without limiting the foregoing, neither UGS nor its suppliers is responsible for any of your data residing on the Service or UGS suppliers’ hardware. You are responsible for backing-up your data and information that may reside on the Service or UGS’ suppliers’ hardware, whether or not such information is produced through the use of the Service. It is your responsibility to take the necessary steps to ensure that your primary means of business is maintained (if applicable).
These Terms are governed by the laws of the New South Wales, Australia. No action or proceeding may be commenced or maintained in relation to the site, the Services or these Terms except in a court of appropriate jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Australia and you hereby irrevocably agree to attorn to the jurisdiction of such courts.
These Terms and Conditions will be binding upon each party hereto and its successors and permitted assigns, and governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales without reference to conflict of law principles. These Terms and Conditions will not be assignable or transferable by you without our prior written consent. These Terms and Conditions (including all of the policies and other Agreements described in this Terms and Conditions, which are hereby incorporated herein by this reference) contain the entire understanding of the parties regarding its subject matter, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings between the parties regarding its subject matter.
No failure or delay by a party in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms and Conditions will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other such right, power, or privilege. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, all of which will remain in full force and effect.
Unless otherwise specified, all prices quoted and sales transactions are in Australian Dollars. GST is included in sales to Australian customers.
This Privacy Statement has been prepared by the following companies in the United Global SIM Group and the ULG Group (United Global SIM or UGS):
– United Global SIM Ltd
– United Lifestyle Group Pty Ltd and its related body corporate
– United Global SIM is committed to protecting your privacy as required under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This privacy statement describes how United Global SIM collects, uses and discloses your Personal Information.
– This Statement also confirms United Global SIM’s obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (including the National Privacy Principles (NPPs). Our aim is to ensure we both support and comply with these principles.
Further information on privacy in Australia and the NPPs may be obtained by visiting the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
As a financial services organisation we are subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements which require us to obtain Personal Information about you, including the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Personal Information will be treated as confidential information.
Why do we collect personal information?
United Global SIM is required to collect your Personal Information to provide you with insurance products, medical assistance and care, and ancillary telecommunication services and products. United Global SIM does not trade, rent or sell information to third parties, nor uses your Personal Information for any reason other than its intended use. We will only collect necessary Personal Information. If you choose not to provide the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the products and/or services you are seeking.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect information which identifies you personally (“Personal Information”) such as your name, date of birth, gender, physical address, email address, telephone number, bank account and credit card details, driver’s licence number, phone account details and employment history. We may also collect sensitive Personal Information about you from time to time with your consent, depending on the products and services you are seeking from us. This information may include information about a disability, or medical condition that you have, or health information in general.
How do we collect personal information?
United Global SIM may also collect non-personally identifiable information such as the type of browser, or operating system you use, your domain name, IP address, access times, referring website addresses and pageviews. Our Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) automatically identifies your computer by its IP address. When you visit pages on our website, our ISP may log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information only. A User Transaction ID is created each time you enter our website. This ID is used to keep track of your dealings with us, and other requests.
How is your personal information used?
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
– When you complete a United Global SIM application for insurance, Global Sim account activation, service enquiry form, or similar document;
– From United Global SIM’s partners, associates or other companies in the ULG Group;
– From third party companies like medical service providers (such as hospitals and doctors) credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
– From publicly available sources of information like market research providers;
– When you visit our website, Facebook page and other pages that we own and manage;
– During telephone calls made when you contact United Global SIM. These calls may be recorded for training, quality and business purposes;
– From the Document Verification Service; and
– Information about your usage of the Global Sim card (including location-based information);
We may also collect information by other means and will take all reasonable steps to inform you if and when we do.
From time to time, United Global SIM may use your Personal Information to send you information regarding our various products, services and any offers which we may be promoting or special announcements which we think may be of interest to you. These communications are typically made via email, telephone, SMS, or post.
If you would rather not receive communications about our products and services, you can opt out by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1300 299 698. For United Global SIM, please dial *200#.
If you receive the unwanted communication via email, you can select the ‘opt out’ option at the bottom of the email and follow any prompts to remove your name from the mailing list. Please note we will still need to send you essential information about your insurance, your account, and/or changes to your service or plan.
To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
United Global SIM may disclose your Personal Information both within and outside Australia to:
– Emergency assistance providers, health professionals, travel service providers, repairers and suppliers to respond to medical and other events covered by your insurance policy;
– Family members in the event of medical emergency;
– Customer survey businesses, so we may measure and improve our services;
– The co-insured on any insurance policy, so we may confirm details of the insurance;
– Assessors, investigators, witnesses, medical practitioners and professional advisers to investigate or assess any insurance claim you may make to us;
– Record management and storage businesses, so we may retain records necessary for our business purposes;
– Trusted partners to perform statistical analysis;
– Credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act and credit reporting legislation;
– Our service and content providers, dealers and agents, contractors and advisers;
– Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
– Debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions;
– Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, Courts of Law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
– Regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies;
– Other telecommunications services providers for the purpose of mobile number portability issues; and
– Any other person or for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected.
We are required by law to disclose certain Personal Information about our Global Sim customers (including their name, address and telephone number) to the operator of the Integrated Public Number Database (IPND).
Personal Information in the IPND is used to assist emergency services and safeguard national security. If you consent, information from the IPND may also be published in public directories or used by directory assistance.
Keeping your Personal Information up to date
We are obliged by the NPPs to take reasonable measures to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide to us. To ensure that we have your most current and accurate Personal Information, please contact us when your information changes (e.g. if you change your name or move house).
If you think your Personal Information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you can request it to be updated, or update it yourself by logging in to your account.
The security of your Personal Information is given a high priority. We take all reasonable steps to securely store your Personal Information so that it is protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures.
It is a legal requirement that, in some circumstances, we keep records of your Personal Information for a period of 7 years. If this is required, we will maintain this Personal Information on or off site in a secure manner for 7 years. After this, your Personal Information will be destroyed or de-identified.
All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
If we propose to sell the business, we may disclose your Personal Information to potential purchasers for their due diligence investigations. Disclosure will be made in confidence and it will be a condition of that arrangement that no Personal Information will be used or disclosed by them.
United Global SIM has security measures in place to provide protection against the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, United Global SIM cannot warrant or ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
When you give Personal Information to United Global SIM, that information may be sent electronically to servers outside of the country where you originally entered that information. In addition, the information may be used, stored and processed outside of the country where you entered that information.
Protecting your Global SIM account from unauthorised access
Anyone who knows your account PIN or online username and password can access your account. You must keep your PIN, username and password secure and only share these details with people you authorise to access and manage your United Global SIM account. United Global SIM accepts no responsibility for information disclosed to parties who know your PIN, username or password.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of passwords which may be issued to you and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible in all of your online dealings.
Accessing your Personal Information
You can request access to your Personal Information in most cases without restriction or charge. If charges are applicable for providing access we will disclose these charges to you prior to providing you with the information. We will provide you with access to your Personal Information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request which we will explain in writing. To request your Personal Information, please contact us at the address below. Access to the requested information may include providing you with copies, providing you with the opportunity for inspection or providing you with a summary.
Other Information we Collect
A cookie is a small data file that certain websites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you’ve visited. But the only Personal Information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself.
Reporting a breach of your privacy
If you believe your privacy has been compromised, contact us in writing. You can email us at: email@example.com or write to us at: United Global SIM, Level 2, 100 William St, Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011
If the breach relates to United Global SIM you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: United Global SIM, Level 2, 100 William St, Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011
A member of our Privacy team will contact you within 10 business days.
You may also lodge complaints around privacy breaches with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling them on 1300 363 992 or by emailing them at: email@example.com.
For any other questions regarding privacy, please contact our customer service team on 1300 299 698 or for United Global SIM you can dial *200#.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was prepared in December 2012. We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting the amended version on our website. We suggest that you visit our website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
What is spam?
Spam is the common term for unsolicited electronic messages. In other words one or more unwanted commercial electronic messages that does not include accurate sender information or does not include a functional unsubscribe facility.
The Spam Act 2003 (the Act) makes it an offence to send unwanted (ie unsolicited) commercial electronic messages. Electronic messages include the following:
– Mobile phone text messages (SMS)
– Multimedia messages (MMS)
– Instant messages (IM)
What penalties apply to those who send spam?
Businesses and individuals in breach of the Act may be subject to financial penalties of up $1.1 million per day. If you use your United Global SIM service to send or assist in the sending of Spam you may have your service suspended and/or account terminated as well as face penalties under the Spam Act.
For any other questions regarding Spam and critical Spam issues including denial of service attacks, please contact us by: Calling Customer Care on *200# from your United Global SIM or 1300 299 698 from any phone in Australia or +61 2 9003 9555 from overseas.
Reporting spam received from a United Global SIM source
For complaints regarding spam and critical spam issues including Spam being received from a United Global SIM source, please contact us by: Calling Customer Care on *200# from your United Global SIM or 1300 299 698 from any phone in Australia or +61 2 9003 9555 from overseas
Complaint Handling Process
You have a right to complain, and if you do we will deal with your complaint in a fair, efficient, objective manner and through a transparent process.
We strive to solve any problems you may have during your first contact with us.
Our complaint handling process complies with the requirements of the Telecommunications Consumer Protections Code C628:2012 (TCP Code) and responsibility for compliance with the process lies with our Chief Executive Officer.
We will not charge you for dealing with your complaint in most instances, and we will never charge you without telling you first.
We may charge you to recover our costs in very specific circumstances only, i.e. we may charge you where you request information that was collected more than two years ago or where you request information that is not free of charge as per our Standard Form Customer Contract or our Critical Information Summary.
If cost recovery charges apply, we will tell you before charging you (and you may of course choose not to pay and discontinue your complaint) and we will inform you about your options for external dispute resolution, e.g. the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).
If you wish to make a complaint, we are contactable using the following information:
UNITED GLOBAL SIM
1 300 299 698
Tel: +61 2 9003 9500
From Global SIM: *500#
Please note that if you are calling us from a landline, your call is charged according to your own carrier. Please also note that calling us from a mobile may be more expensive. If you would like to use a free toll service, please contact us using the 1 300 299 698 number.
We will acknowledge your complaint immediately if you talked to us over the phone, and within 2 working days if you have lodged your complaint through any other channel including where you left a message on our answering machine (e.g. outside our office hours).
When we acknowledge your complaint we will give you a unique reference number or similar to enable you to easily follow up on your complaint. We will also give you an indicative timeframe for resolving your complaint. You can follow up on your complaint by contacting us via email or phone (please use the details aforementioned).
Our goal is to always fix your problem during your first contact with us. Sometimes this is not possible and we need to investigate the matter. We will then agree with you on how to fix your problem (this may include waiving of fees or other commercial solutions) and advise you accordingly within 15 working days of receiving your complaint.
We will advise you in writing if you request this.
Occasionally it may take longer than 15 working days to investigate your problem and in this case we will explain why and give you a new expected timeframe. If the delay is more than 10 working days (and is not the result of a Mass Service Disruption) we will also inform you about your options for external dispute resolution such as the TIO.
Once we agreed on how to fix your problem, we will implement all actions required to fix the issue within 10 working days, unless you agreed otherwise or unless you have not done something that we needed you to do and we cannot proceed because of this.
What if your complaint is urgent?
Your complaint will be treated as urgent:
If your service has been disconnected or is about to be disconnected and due process has not been followed, or if you are receiving Priority Assistance (e.g. because of a severe medical condition) for the service you are complaining about.
In this case we will agree with you on how to address the issue and implement all required actions to fix the issue within 2 working days. If there is a delay, we will explain why, provide you with a new expected timeframe, and if it is a longer delay also inform you about your options for external dispute resolution such as the TIO.
If you are unhappy with our efforts
If you tell us that you are not satisfied with the complaint timeframes, its progress or the outcome or if you tell us your complaint ought to be treated as urgent, we will escalate your complaint internally. If you are still dissatisfied, we will inform you about your options for external dispute resolution such as the TIO.
We will never cancel your service only because you have contacted an external dispute resolution scheme.
We encourage you to always contact us first if you experience any problem or are unhappy. We will do our best to solve your problem during our first contact. You can contact the TIO as follows:
Phone: 1 800 062 058
Fax: 1 800 630 614
The services of the TIO are free of charge.
When you trust us with your personal 1. Our privacy commitment to you
information, we know you expect us to protect it and keep it safe.
We understand the importance of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and are committed to ensuring the privacy of your Personal Information.
We will not let you down.
This means that when we receive your personal information we:
– Tell you how we may use it.
– Keep it in a secure way.
– Make sure it is kept accurate and up to date.
– Restrict how we use it. Restrict who we provide it to.
When this document refers to we or us we mean United Global SIM Ltd. (“UGS”) and United Lifestyle Group Networks Pty.Ltd (“ULG”).
Further information on privacy in Australia and the APPs may be obtained by visiting the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
- Why do we collect personal information?
We will tell you the main reason for asking for your personal information when we seek it from you.
The main reason that we are required to collect certain details of your personal information will usually be to legally provide you with telecommunication services and products (including mobile phones and broadband). This is stated in the Telecommunications Act 1997, particularly the Telecommunications (Service Provider – Identity Checks for Prepaid Mobile Carriage Services) Determination 2013.
We may also use personal information for other reasons, including:
Telling you about products or services that we think may interest you (unless you tell us not to – which you can do at any time).
Preventing fraud and other criminal activity in relation to your accounts.
Helping us to run our business. This will include using the information for: training our staff, accounting, risk management and debt collection, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, developing new products and services, undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis.
If permitted by law, we may disclose information collected about you as an asset of the company in conjunction with the sale to a third party of our company or a portion of our assets. Any Personal Information that is disclosed to such a third party will remain subject to the protections in the APPs.
If you do not provide us with the information required, we may not be legally allowed to provide you with the products and/or services you want.
- What personal information do we ask for?
Personal Information, as defined in the privacy legislation, is information, or an opinion, in any form, and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion. In this context, “collect” means gather, acquire or obtain by any means, information in circumstances where the individual is identifiable or identified. At any time you can advise Us that you wish to opt out of future contact by contacting Us via phone or via the unsubscribe function in all Our email or text marketing communications.
Personal information is defined as information or an opinion about an identifiable person whether true or not, and whether it is recorded in material form or not been define. Personal information also includes: “Cookies”, as identified in section 3. Anonymous information that might later be matched to an actual identifiable person and Sensitive information, such as religious belief, race/ ethnicity, political opinion, criminal record, etc.
The amount and type of personal and/or sensitive information that We collect and hold about you depends on the dealings you have with Us and may include your name, age, date of birth, contact details such as phone, fax, email address and mobile phone number, physical address and delivery address, email address, payment methods including bank account and credit card details, product interests, company details, details of your contact person, the names of all directors, officers and senior management staff, the names of employees, the name of the contact person at your bank or financial institution, along with transactional information such as the type and quantity of products that you purchase or own, records of your communications and interactions with Us regarding any call or message made or received from your service and behavior relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our digital services. We may also request information about your hotel room preferences, and frequent flyer and car rental program information.
In the case of businesses, we may ask for information about the company, department or association making the purchase or setting up the account.
Ther personal information connected includes:
– The details of your account, such as your account or service number.
– Financial information such as your credit or debit card details when you want to pay for our products and services.Information about your intended use of our product or service.
– When we conduct market research, we may also ask you for your opinion about products, services or staff. We treat these opinions as personal information.
– The Privacy Act places restrictions on collecting sensitive personal information about you (this includes information about your religious views, ethnicity, political opinions, criminal records, or sexual preferences). Generally, we will not collect this sort of information. However, we may collect some sensitive information if We need it to provide you with a specific product or service or if you are applying for a job with us and you have provided your consent for us to do so.
- How do we collect personal information?
If it is reasonable and practical to do so, we collect personal information directly from you. We may do this through application forms, over the telephone, the internet, or in person when you visit our offices.
When you use our telecommunication products, we will keep a record of your calls, SMS and data usage. This information will only be used to maintain the products and services that we offer to you, such as in cases where we need to troubleshoot a SIM card, phone, or broadband service.
We may also collect personal information from other people. Sometimes this may happen without your direct involvement. Some examples of the people or organizations from which we may collect personal information about you are:
We may collect your personal information, and that of other persons using Our products or services, from your interactions and transactions with Us including:
– When you make an in-store enquiry or purchase;
– When you make an online enquiry or purchase;
– When you request information about our products or services;
– When you enquire about or make use of our maintenance or repair services;
– When you visit certain parts of our website where you are invited to provide content, submissions and suggestions, visitorship data or participate in interactive online activities (i.e. community postings, voting, chat, my account or bulletin boards);
– When you provide information via social media pages or download any Apps such as providing your name or contact details via the our Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps. When you do so ;
– When you apply for a job with Us or seek to become a service provider;
– When you participate in contests or competitions;
– When you contact our partners, suppliers, associates or others within the group;
– From third parties, including public sources, information service providers, credit reporting agencies or anyone authorised to act on your behalf.
We may also collect information by other means and will take all reasonable steps to inform you if and when We do.
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
– In person;
– Over the telephone including by way of monitoring and recording telephone calls;
– Through our websites and/or any of Our Apps, including the UGS.com mobile and tablet applications or any application on a social media or other website (each an “App”);
– On hard copy forms;
– Through written communications including letters, facsimiles and emails;
– From third parties, including:
o Publically available sources, information service providers, credit reporting agencies or anyone authorized to act on your behalf;
o Agents, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and services providers;
o Our partners and related entities.
– Publicly available sources of information (such as telephone directories).
– Market research organizations (such as shoppers’ surveys and telephone polls).
– Your representative (such as a legal adviser) or your appointed point of contact.
– Credit reporting agencies.
Government agencies and the Document Verification Service.
Each time you visit our websites, anonymous navigation information is collected by our servers. This information includes:
– The type of browser and operating system you are using
– The address of the referring site (i.e. the previous site you had visited) and the website you leave our site to visit
– The date and time of your visit;Your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine)
– The address of the pages you accessed.
This provides us with information about how the web site is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency of visits and the duration of visits to each web page on the site. It does not personally identify individual users.
In addition, our websites, like many others, uses “cookies”. A cookie is a piece of information that the website sends to your browser and which is stored on your hard disk. A cookie helps to identify your browser to the website when you return to visit the site and identifies the previous requests your browser has made. This allows the site to be tailored to you on your return visits. Cookies cannot identify you personally.
If you log into your online account, we will collect information from you to confirm your identity.
When you ring or email us, we may also monitor and/ or record telephone calls for the purposes of staff training and to verify statements made during the phone call or in the email.
We may also collect information by other means and will take all reasonable steps to inform you if and when we do.
Should you choose to purchase products or services from Us, We will also collect specific personal and sensitive information about you including your full name, address and details about your credit card to process a sale to you.
– Before We can provide any product or service, We will ask your permission to collect and use the information needed. This is done via application forms, administration processes and other ways of collecting information;
– If you don’t provide us with all required information, We may not be able to provide you with the product or service as requested;
– There may be times when it is lawful and practical for you to work with us anonymously; however, by doing so, We may not be able to provide you with the product or service as requested;
– Unsolicited information and information received from third parties will be destroyed.
We will notify you of the matters listed below at the time of collecting any Personal Information:
– The main reason that We are collecting Personal Information (this reason will be the Primary Purpose);
– Other related Uses or Disclosures that We may make of the Personal Information (Secondary Purposes);
– Our identity and how individuals can contact us, if this is not obvious;
– That individuals can access the Personal Information that We hold about them;
– That individuals should contact us if they wish to access or correct Personal Information collected by Us or have any concerns in relation to Personal Information;
– Where applicable, any law that requires the Personal Information to be collected;
– The consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the Personal Information is not provided to Us.
Where it is not practicable for Us to notify individuals of all of the collection information before the collection of Personal Information, We will ensure that individuals are notified of the collection information as soon as possible after the collection. We will provide “post collection notification” in those circumstances where it is not practicable to notify individuals about the collection of their personal information before it is collected.
We also collect general statistical information from our website, such as the number of visitors to the website, the number of pages viewed, the date, time and duration of visits and how the visitor came to the website. We may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and internet browser type. This information will not identify you. For more information, please read the section on cookies below.
So that We can continue to offer you great offers and promotion information, We give you the opportunity to say yes to being contacted by us by e-mail or SMS. This is totally your choice and you can opt out of future contact whenever you want by contacting us via phone or via the unsubscribe function in all our email marketing communications to the preference centre.
We may collect information relating to your general location based on:
– Information you manually provide;
– Information emitted by your telephone;
– Information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your location;
– The IP address of your telephone or computer;
– Global Positioning System (GPS) information sent to us by your GPS-enabled device; and
– The proximity of your computer, tablet, mobile wireless device, personal digital assistant, personal communication system, or other communications device (your “Personal Communication Device”) to the nearest radio tower or cell site.
We may also be able to detect when your Personal Communication Device is activated as well as when and how you are using it. We may collect data to verify the information you provide manually and to provide you with location-based content and advertising. We may associate Personally Identifiable Information with location-based information provided by you or your Personal Communication Device solely for our internal use and to improve your experience with the products.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions you allow Us to use your mobile device’s location. We may use your location in the event of an emergency and as required by the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) and other laws applicable to us. You understand that this service enables your Personal Communciation Device’s location to be determined through cellular-based mobile networks and through Global Positioning Systems (GPS). Our location-based services allow us to contact you (for example in the event of an emergency) using metadata collected by us. You may be contacted via email, SMS, App notifications and USSD Messages.
We provide Location-Based Services in the form of Geo-Location Marketing. This service uses your Personal Communciation Device’s location through cellular-based mobile networks and Global Positioning Systems (GPS). If you have agreed to marketing and promotions through geo-marketing, you allow Us to use your location to market offers to you. You may choose to withdraw your consent at any time by opting out of geo-location marketing in your ‘My Account’ settings.
- What Happens with Your Personal Information?
Analytic, session and cookie tools:
We use your specific data regarding your travel behavior to better understand how people use our products and services and to offer location specific products to you. To that end, We may use aggregated, traffic behavior, along with information from third parties to track usage trends and thereby improve our services. We may also use this aggregated, information to develop reports that We may share with third party marketing partners and affiliates. The kind of information We may collect includes:
– The date and time you access and use the services;
– Your internet service provider, mobile carrier, or data services provider;
– Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
– Your physical address at any time;
– The pages you visit;
– The places you physically visit;
– The links you click;
– The features you use;
– How and when you interact with the services;
– The content, images and advertisements you select; and
– How you arrived at the products and where you go when you leave.
The personal information we collect may be used for a number of purposes related to providing you with telecommunication services, including:
Processing orders or applications to become a customer
Carrying out credit checks and credit reporting
Generating bills, managing your account and carrying out debt-recovery functions
Dealing with enquiries or complaints and other customer care activities
Carrying out market analysis and product analysis and development
Contacting you about our products and services and those offered under other brands that our group owns – which may include marketing these products to you
Conducting internal investigations in relation to crime and fraud prevention, detection or prosecution
Training our staff
For any other purposes that would be reasonably expected.
For other purposes, we will obtain your consent to use your personal information.
- Do we provide your personal information to others and to organisations that are located overseas?
We may share your personal information with other companies within the United Global SIM Group. Your information is stored in Australia and in the United Kingdom but is also accessible to staff of companies in our group that are located in Malaysia, New Zealand and Canada.
Sometimes we provide personal information about our customers to third organizations and companies outside our group of companies. These may be located in Australia or overseas. The countries in which these companies are located include the United Kingdom, Italy, India, Latvia and countries you are travelling to with your Global SIM.
Generally, these are local or overseas third parties that help us with our businesses or are required in operating the business.
These may include:
– The upstream telecommunication providers, mainly in the United Kingdom and Italy.
– Our system developers in India and Latvia.
– Local network providers in the countries you are traveling to.
– Credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act and credit reporting legislation
– Our service and content providers, dealers and agents, contractors and advisers
– Our mobile phone manufacturers and repairers
– Your authorised representatives or legal advisors
– Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors
– Debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions
– Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, Courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law
– Regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies
– Other telecommunications services providers for the purposes of both unwelcome calls and mobile number portability issues; and any other person or for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected.
Sharing of Personal Information and cross-border disclosure
– Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. All services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit.
– Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, credit reporting, business analytics and consulting, data analysis, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, logistics and delivery, data processing and storage, information broking, online computing, printing, contact centre, legal, accounting, research, auditing, archival, security, investigation, mailing services and analysis and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
– Service providers engaged to assist with services including sales, distribution
– Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such business partners.
– Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
– Government and Law Enforcement Agencies. We may be required to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs and immigration purposes. For example, under U.S. Law, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Bureau of Customs and Border Protection requires that certain travel and reservation information relating to people travelling to or via the U.S.A, known as Passenger Name Record or PNR data, be provided to it prior to arrival in, or departure from, the U.S.A.
– Where you are an employee or service provider of Our customer, We may share information collected about you in respect to the services We provide to the customer with them.
The third parties to whom We disclose and who collect personal information on our behalf may be located in Australia and other countries including New Zealand, Malaysia, Sweden and Canada. We take reasonable steps to ensure that all our service providers agree to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, and use it only for the purpose for which it is disclosed. However, We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through this website. If at anytime We are required by law or legal process to release Personal Information about you, We must cooperate fully.
We strive to limit the information we give these organisations to what they need to perform their services for us or provide products or services to you. We also enter into contracts with organisations locally and overseas who provide service to us or who provide products or services jointly with us. These contracts require the organisation to:
– Meet the privacy standards we set for ourselves in protecting your personal information and comply with the Privacy Act.
– Use the personal information only for the specific service we ask them to perform or the product/ service that we ask them to provide, and for no other purpose.
– We are required by law to disclose certain personal information about you (including your name, address, telephone number and address) to the operator of the Integrated Public Number Database (IPND). Personal information in the IPND is used to assist emergency services and safeguard national security. If you consent, information from the IPND may also be published in public directories or used by directory assistance.
– We may also need to provide your personal information to others outside the United Global SIM Ltd. where:
– We are (in limited circumstances) allowed to required to by law or where we have a public duty to do so.
– You have expressly consented to your personal information being supplied to others. Usually we ask you to consent in writing (such as in our privacy consents). In special circumstances, you can consent by speaking to us.
– It can be reasonably inferred from the circumstances that you consent to your personal information being disclosed to them (implied consent). For example, your consent will be implied for us to use and disclose your information to inform you of products and services that we believe may interest you. However, your implied consent for us to do this can be withdrawn at any time by telling us.
If permitted by law, We may disclose information collected about you as an asset of the company in conjunction with the purchase and potential purchase of our company or a portion of our assets. Any personal information that is disclosed to such a third party will remain subject to the protections in the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Do we use personal information to market products and services to you?
We may use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to.
We will not sell your personal information to organisations outside the United Global SIM Ltd. We will exchange your personal information within the United Global SIM Ltd. so they can market their products and services to you.
We will only offer you products or services where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest of benefit to you.
If you would rather not receive communications about our latest products and services, you can opt out. Please contact us per contact details provided at the end of this document. Please be aware that we will still need to send you essential information about your account, and/or changes to your service or plan.
- Can you access the personal information we hold about you?
To request your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this document. We may charge reasonable costs for actioning your request.
If you think your personal information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you can request it to be updated.
We may not always be able to give you access to all the personal information we have about you. For instance, we may not be able to give you access to information that:
Would reveal personal information about another person.Would reveal a commercially sensitive decision-making process.We are prevented by law from providing to you.Relates to existing or anticipated legal proceeding.
- Do we keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date?
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide us. To ensure that we have your most current and accurate personal information, please contact us when your information changes (e.g. if you change your name or move house).
We aim to respond to most requests for access within  days subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that We hold about you, or if We are satisfied that the personal information We hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, We will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If We correct personal information about you, and We have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, We will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful. Where We decide not to make a requested correction and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
In most cases, We expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, We will contact you and tell you when We expect to provide our response.
- Is your personal information secure?
We will use up-to-date techniques and processes, which meet current industry standards, to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The only people who are allowed to handle or have access to your personal information are those employees of the United Global SIM Ltd. and those who perform services for us who need your personal information to do their jobs. All employees of the United Global SIM Ltd. are bound by confidentiality clauses in their employment agreements to not misuse your personal information. Those who perform services on our behalf are also bound by privacy and confidentiality agreements.
Paper documents are protected from unauthorised access or use through various security systems that we have over our physical premises. We also maintain up-do-date computer and network security systems with appropriate firewalls, encryption technology and passwords to protect electronic copies of personal information.
We also require you to help us by complying with the security measures designed to protect your personal identification numbers and passwords. These are set out in the terms and conditions of your account. You may be able to limit your liability for unauthorised use of your account if you observe these requirements.
If we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it in a secure manner or remove identifying features from it. This is subject to any legal obligations we have to keep information for a certain period of time.
- How can you protect your account from unauthorised access?
Anyone who knows your account details, such as your account number, SIM phone number, username and password, etc. can access your account. You must keep your account details secure and only share these details with people you authorise to access and manage your UN and UGS account. We accept no responsibility for information disclosed to parties who know your username or password.
- What if we do not keep our promises?
Although we are committed to keeping the promises set out in this document, we sometimes make mistakes. Fixing these mistakes and ensuring we deliver on our promises is very important to us.
We have put in place a way of dealing with issues you might raise quickly and fairly.
Please talk to us first.
We aim to resolve your complaints within 48 hours. So please raise your complaints with any of our Customer Service Representatives.
You can contact us by:
United Global SIM Ltd.
Level 2, 100 William Street
Woolloomooloo, NSW, 2011
P: 1300 299 698
ESY International Roaming SIM Terms and Conditions
Products and services
Our Terms and Conditions
Your purchase of United Global SIM and related products and services (Products and Services) is governed by these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, which are a legal agreement between you and United Global SIM Ltd. 1810796 (UGS), together with any additional terms and conditions stipulated from time to time by any Provider.
- All Products and Services supplied are supplied by UGS. United Global SIM Ltd. is a provider of the Products and Services and responsible for arranging the provision of the Products and Services.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure that the descriptions of Products and Services on the United Global SIM Website are accurate, the Products and Services are regularly changed, upgraded and on occasion removed and subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Global SIM Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that United Global SIM cannot guarantee the accuracy of such descriptions.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, UGS is not liable for any loss or harm which may arise directly or indirectly from any omissions, errors or changes relating to the description of any Products and Services.
- Products and Services are not warranted to be compatible with every make or type of handset nor every network in any country. Before purchasing and/or using any Product or Service you must ensure that your handset is unlocked and is network compatible for the countries in which you wish to use the Product or Service.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, UGS makes no warranty that any network will be available at any given time or for any given duration.
- SMS rates are based on standard SMS messages which are up to 160 characters long. If you send a text that is more than 160 characters, it will be charged per message rate for each block of 160 characters.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, refunds will not be given nor Products replaced as a result only of:
(a) a Product not being compatible with a handset or network;
(b) a network was offline for any period; or that
(c) quality of service was poor or unacceptable.
- If you do not use a Service for a period of 90 days, it may expire and the Service may be terminated by UGS and any credit remaining will be forfeited.
- The Global SIM may not support data sharing through your device. This is not warranted and is not compatible with all devices.
- Some Products require user activation and if you have a Product which requires user activation such activation is your responsibility and UGS will not provide a refund or replacement Product in the event that you fail to activate your Product.
- If the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other legislation states that there is a guarantee in relation to any good or service supplied by UGS in connection with these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions and UGS’ liability for failing to comply with that guarantee cannot be excluded but may be limited, then clauses 2, 3, 5, 7 and 12 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions do not apply to that liability and instead UGS’ liability for such failure is limited to (at the election of UGS), in the case of a supply of goods, UGS replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods or repairing the goods, or in the case of a supply of services, UGS supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Except as contemplated by clause 9 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, nothing in these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions is intended to limit your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other rights you may have and which by law cannot be excluded.
- Subject to clauses 9 and 10 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, UGS may at any time with or without prior notice:
(a) restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to or right to use all or any part of the Site or Services if in the reasonable opinion of UGS such restriction, suspension or termination is necessary; or
(b) establish rules and policies for the use of the Products, Services or Site with which you must comply.
- UGS is not responsible for any loss arising out of any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
- These United Global SIM Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales.
- If part or all of any clause of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable then it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible, it will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
PREMIUM PHONE NUMBER CHARGES
Premium phone numbers and special phone numbers will incur extra charges on top of the regular call rates for that country. Ensure that you check the number and the charges incurred with special numbers before calling. We will not refund you on any credit used whilst dialling special and/or premium numbers. Charges for premium calls vary between countries from $1 USD to $5 USD per minute
On your request, UGS will organise for the delivery of your order to your designated delivery address. All deliveries are via UGS designated courier service or local postal service.
FAULTY OR DAMAGED PRODUCTS
- You must check your item on delivery. By signing for and accepting delivery you are confirming the item is in good condition. Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, UGS can take no responsibility for loss or damage to an item once you have accepted delivery.
- If your item arrives in a faulty or damaged condition then prior to returning please email us to obtain a Returns Authorisation Number by using one of our contact email addresses.
- If the item is faulty or damaged, then we will exchange it at no cost to you.
- You must return the faulty / damaged item in its original envelope and any packaging in order for a claim to be made. If faulty, please include a letter describing the fault.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, faulty / damaged products must be returned within 14 days of receipt to qualify for a refund.
- All refunds will be made directly to the payee.
- If a manufacturer warranty is applicable to the Product, you then must deal with the manufacturer directly.
- If you have been sent the wrong item, please contact us as soon as possible to arrange for the item to be exchanged.
- Subject to clauses 10 and 11 of these United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, incorrect goods must be reported within 7 days from the date of receipt to qualify for exchange.
- Please note that Incorrect Goods do not include Products purchased which are not compatible with a particular handset or network.
- If you wish to cancel your order prior to Products being dispatched, you will receive a full refund.
- If the Products have been dispatched but not yet delivered then you will be refunded in full less any shipping costs incurred by UGS upon its safe return.
Global SIM Order Refunds
LOST OR STOLEN SIMS
No refunds will be provided for the balance remaining on lost or stolen SIMs. If you have lost or your SIM has been stolen, please contact support immediately and we will disable your SIM and send you a replacement SIM with the remaining balance transferred. A freight and postage fee may apply for the shipment of replacement SIM cards.
If your SIM has expired, you are not eligible for any refunds on your remaining balance and on the cost of your SIM. You must lodge any refund requests prior to your SIM expiry. We will not refund any credit on SIMs that have expired.
INCORRECT SIM SIZE DELIVERED
If you have ordered the correct size and we have delivered you the wrong size SIM you are eligible for a refund on the SIM cost.
If the credit is unused, we are also able to refund you any credit that you have added to the SIM. Alternatively, we are able to send you a replacement SIM free of charge and transfer your balance to your replacement SIM.
– No refund of the SIM and delivery cost if a Global SIM is purchased through standard mail and not delivered. Any credit purchased can be used or refunded and a replacement SIM card can be sent out free of charge.
– No refund of the SIM and delivery cost if a SIM is purchased through standard mail and is delivered late. Any credit purchased can be used or refunded and a replacement SIM card can be sent out free of charge.
– If a Global SIM is purchased through courier mail and cannot be tracked, you are eligible for a refund on both the SIM and postage cost.
– If a Global SIM is purchased through courier mail and is marked as delivered however, you have not received it; we will send you replacement SIM and block the previous SIM as there may be customer sensitive data attached. Charges may apply for resending.
– If a SIM has been ordered through courier mail and is not delivered within 3 business days, you are eligible for a refund on SIM and delivery costs.
– If service is deemed unusable due to the SIM being damaged or there is a SIM fault on delivery, a full refund of the balance applied by the customer may be issued. Alternatively, we are able to send you a replacement SIM free of charge and transfer your balance to your replacement SIM.
DATA PACK REFUNDS
Remaining and or expired balance
– You are not eligible for any refunds on the remaining balance on your data pack or if your data pack has expired.
– No refunds will be given to unused data packs unless there is a SIM error that we cannot resolve in a timely manner. If there is a SIM error that blocks you from accessing data using your data pack, you will be eligible for a refund on your remaining data pack balance.
– No refunds are issued for any remaining credit that you have on your account that is unused.
– No refunds are issued for credit remaining as a result of user error, such as incorrect dialling format.If a top up has been made 2 days prior to your return date, a refund request for the remaining credit can be placed. This will be investigated on a case-by-case basis. If approved, a $5 processing fee will apply.
– If you have purchased a Global SIM credit voucher, you are only eligible for a refund if there is a SIM error that we cannot resolve in a timely manner. If there is a SIM error we will refund the remaining balance to the person who has purchased the voucher. A refund notice will be sent to voucher purchaser only. No refund will be given to remaining or expired balance on credit voucher.
Network Locked Devices
No refunds are issued for credit remaining if the SIM does not work because the intended handset to be used is network locked to a network. As a customer, when activating the service, you have stated that your device is network unlocked prior to adding credit to the account.
Network Incompatible Devices
No refunds are issued for credit remaining if the SIM does not work because the handset you were using is incompatible. As a customer you need to ensure the handset you are using is compatible with the networks in the country you are travelling to.
We do not provide any compensation payments of any kind. If you have contacted us from another phone such as a hotel phone or your own local mobile we will not compensate your phone charges. We do not compensate you if you have purchased another SIM due to your Global SIM arriving late, not received, faulty or otherwise damaged.
If you have requested a refund that is not within the refund guidelines, you have the right for your request to be investigated. The maximum refund of credit you can apply for must be equal or less than the total amount you have added. No refunds will be issued due to charges from alternate phones, hotel phones or other charges that are not directly linked to your United Global SIM account.
We will investigate your refund request on a case-by-case basis. If your refund is approved, a $5.00 processing fee may apply.
Global SIM will only provide refunds as gesture of goodwill only.
Data Pack Terms
Our data packs are broken up into zones. The higher the zone purchased, the more zones it will work in. Each zone is made up of a number of countries. To check the countries of each zone please go to https://www.unitedglobalsim.com/en/Shop/ProductsList?cat=DataPack . If you purchase a Zone 2 data pack you will be able to use the data pack in both Zone 1 and Zone 2 countries. If you purchase a Zone 3 data pack, you will be able to use your data pack in all zones. Not all countries that we support data in will be part of a zone.
If you use data services outside of the zone you have purchased you will be charged the pay as you go rate. E.g. If you have purchased a Zone 1 data pack and travel to Malaysia (Zone 2), the pay as you go rate ($0.35) will apply. Data packs will be active for 30 days from purchase date. Any remaining balance left on your data pack will expire 30 days after date of purchase. You must enable data roaming and have our data settings set up on your device to access data on your Global SIM. There are no refunds for remaining balance or incorrect data set up.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your balance is maintained at a level which enables you to access the features you require. You will receive an automatic credit amount SMS after each call that you make. This will show you the cost of your call and your current balance. Please note that your credit balance may not be accurate when your data services is switched on. Your credit usage tracking is available online by logging in to your account. Note: the minimum balance you require get to access data is $5.00 and your data balance may take up to 24 hours to update.
Recharge (Top Up) Terms and Conditions
- Top Up is a recurring payment method that enables you to manually recharge your prepaid United Global SIM account (Service) by an amount that you request.
- Top Up is governed by these Terms and Conditions which are a legal agreement between you and United Global SIM Ltd. (UGS). Despite the use of the United Global SIM brand, United Global SIM Global SIM is not the provider of the Top Up service or responsible for arranging the Top Up service to be provided.
- Please read these Terms carefully. You should understand that by completing the registration process you agree to be bound by these Terms.
- UGS reserves the right to amend or vary these Terms and Conditions or to withdraw the Top Up payment method at any time on reasonable notice.
- To top up your Service with a credit card, UGS may require you to register your credit card details and to provide proof of identity as required by law. UGS may place a maximum or minimum credit limit on each transaction or on your Service.
Terms and Conditions
- UGS will send you an SMS within 24 hours of taking a payment from your account following a Top Up.
- Subject to paragraph E above, you may elect to automatically top up your Service on a specific day each month or when your Service reaches a certain credit balance. You must ensure you have sufficient credit on your Service to cover usage for 72 hours in case the automatic Top Up is delayed. UGS is not liable to you for any delay in your Service being automatically recharged or if for technical reasons the Top Up does not take place.
- You can change the credit/debit card that is debited by contacting UGS customer services on 1300 299 698 (for calls from Australia) or +61 9003 9555 (for calls made from other countries). If your credit or debit card details change at any time, you must notify UGS immediately. If you do not do this, payments to your pre-paid account will fail and your balance will not be topped up. Please note that changes will take at least 24 hours to process.
- By completing the Top Up registration process you confirm that the credit/debit card being used is yours. Your credit/debit card will be subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer. Your details will be passed to third parties for the purposes of carrying out these checks and reporting any fraudulent activity. UGS will send you an email payment has failed. UGS is not responsible for your card issuer charging you as a result of it processing your credit/debit card payment.
- UGS and its agents will use the information that you have supplied for the Top Up service to process the payments that you have authorised, including carrying out the authorisation and validation processes set out above.
- UGS is entitled to suspend or terminate your Top Up registration at any time for any reason and will give you reasonable notice of this where possible.
- In the event that you lose your phone or have it stolen, you must contact UGS customer services on 1300 299 698 (for calls from Australia) or +61 2 9003 9555 (for calls made from other countries) to report this and to disable Top Up. Once you have your new phone / replacement you will need to re-activate your Top Up by calling UGS customer services on 1300 299 698 (for calls from Australia) or +61 9003 9555 (for calls made from other countries).
- Service is subject to the United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, a copy of which can be found on the United Global SIM web site at www.unitedglobalsim.com Where there is any inconsistency between these Top Up Terms and Conditions, and the United Global SIM Terms and Conditions, the latter will prevail.
In some circumstances, credit may be included with the purchase of, or the ordering of a SIM. This credit is included into the price of the SIM. In the case of the SIM being ordered for free, this Included Credit is also included for free. The SIM and Included Credit in these circumstances are governed by the same Expiry Terms and Conditions. Included Credit is non-refundable and you are eligible for a refund of the SIM.